Friday, September 3, 2010

13.1 Detroit Lake - Jet skiiing part 2, 8/24/10

How many times have you seen a really great movie and could not wait for the sequel only to be disappointed by the hype. More times than not, the sequel does not live up to the original...well, this time I think the sequel was worth waiting for.


I was blessed when a friend took pity on me (thanks Jeanette) and offered to take me out for jet skiing part 2 when she heard that I wanted to feel the wind in my hair and the water on my face. We went out onto the Willamette River from Newberg.

We went fast, we cut cookies, and I even got to drive the jet ski. I have to admit, I was a bit frightened when we first went out onto the water. I had heard rumors about how Jeannette took great pleasure in dumping people off the jet ski; however, Jeanette was gentle with me. She explained everything she was going to do before she did it. We started out by going fast, real fast. As we went zipping down the river, Jeanette said that we were going 53 MPH. After she got me used to that she started cutting corners, whipping around, and then riding the wake. Then she let me drive...OMG...now I have a whole new understanding for the fear of jet skiing; however, once I got over it, it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! All I have to say is "When are we going again?"

1 comment:

I'm on Strike!

In the past, when I drove by a picket line, I always thought it was all about the money. It wasn't until I was that person out on the pi...