Saturday, September 18, 2010

15. Oktoberfest, 9/18/10

I have lived in Woodburn since late 1982, or almost 28 years, and I have never been to the Mt. Angel Oktoberfest. Now, I am quite sure those of you who have gone to the O'fest year after year after year probably cannot even begin to fathom those of us who have never gone, but if you have never been there you do not know what you have missed.

I seriously laughed when my son, Josh, and my daughter-in-law, Sara, told me that they literally eat their way from one end of the O'fest to the other. I thought they were joking, but I was to soon learn they were dead serious! When we first arrived, Josh and Sara wanted me to have the "full experience" so we did view a few things such as some of the craft areas, the absolutely exquisite church, the car show, and the myriad of booths, but it soon became abundantly clear that the food was the main attraction in Mt. Angel.

I say when in Rome do as the Romans do SO we started on one end and ate our way to the other end. I partook in garlic & cheese mashed potatoes, a meatball sampler, and veggies/bread/fondue; however, what trip to a German festival would be complete without a German sausage with sauerkraut, yummo, and what meal would be complete without dessert, so I had to try the raspberry dough boy, right? I ate SO much food I think there will be NO dinner tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm on Strike!

In the past, when I drove by a picket line, I always thought it was all about the money. It wasn't until I was that person out on the pi...